A cross cultural trainer develops and builds cultural awareness among the employees of an organization and also provides information and insights o cultural values and attitudes through personal experiences. In here, we discuss on the responsibilities of cultural trainer and what does a trainer do.
CROSS CULTURAL TRAINER
A cross cultural trainer is important in Multi-national Corporation due to the advancement of international trade and commerce. For bridging the communication gap in between employees and clients in an multicultural environment, the need for cross cultural trainer arises. The main responsibility of cultural trainer is to bring a new level of cultural awareness in the workplace by developing and bridging effective communication skill and providing clear understanding of the importance of cultural awareness.
SKILLS OF A CROSS CULTURAL TRAINER
Cross cultural trainers come from a wide array of backgrounds but the key skills of them remains almost the same. A cultural awareness trainer carries an advanced understanding of intercultural learning concepts and has the ability to apply adult and experiential leaning principle while also facilitate participant-focused training approach. The trainer not only should have a deep understanding of the specific culture but also is able to discuss challenges that may exist. While the cultural issues usually discussed by cultural trainer are — building cross cultural relation effectively and improving communication styles, the trainers also aims to improve social etiquette and build cultural awareness in a workplace.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF CULTURAL TRAINER
A cross cultural trainer equips member of the organization with thr knowledge and skills necessary in supervising a multicultural staff. Additionally, the trainer aims in developing professional standard of the employee enabling effective intercultural and interethnic relationship in the cross-cultural field. The key responsibilities of a cross cultural trainer are as follow-
· Recognize and leverage potential and challenges of intercultural interaction
· Enhance cultural awareness in policy-making and business decision among the employees
· Deliver training programmed by addressing the needs and interest of the client
· Foster the development of effective inter cultural interaction among the employee
· Develop presentation and facilitate experiential learning through role-play, activities or case studies.
· Provide individual coaching or group work when needed.
· Build and equip team members and employees with necessary skills important for building successful relationship with their international clients
· Provide valuable knowledge on the importance of cultural value, moral, ethics, business practices, etiquette, and protocol and negotiation style.
Cross cultural trainers need to stay flexible, adaptable and knowledgeable in whatever intercultural context they find themselves in. Just as important it is to being cultural self aware it is also as important to being open-minded and carrying a global mindset for managing global complexities.